The world is full of abundance and opportunity, but far too many people come to the fountain of life with a sieve instead of a tank car... a teaspoon instead of a steam shovel. They expect little and as a result they get little - Ben Sweetland

This blog has now moved to Effortless Abundance. Please update your bookmark and rss subscription.


Wednesday, February 27, 2008

You need to feel wealthy to attract wealth

In the course of my regular reading of other blogs, I came across an interesting idea from Creation Thoughts called the “Prosperity Seed Game.” The point of the game is to try to get you feeling wealthy, given that one of the basic principles in the law of attraction is that you need to feel something before it will actually turn up in your life.

In the game, you take some money (large denominations if you can) and plant the bills in various places so that you will 'find' them at a later date, having forgotten about them. For example, you can put a $10 in the pocket of a jacket you don't wear very often or use a bill as a bookmark in a book you refer to regularly but not too often. When you find the money, you'll naturally feel excited and happy, and you can keep 'planting' more money to put yourself into a continuous state of feeling more wealthy. In fact, you'll find more and more money turning up.

It's a bit like another idea I read about somewhere - you take quite a bit of money and stuff it in your purse or wallet. As you walk around and see things you like in shops (or wherever), you just know that you can buy them with the cash you have with you - by feeling this way all day long, you start to reset your subconscious to feel wealthy.

I have taken this a step further, by actually going ahead and buying stuff that I really like, stuff that I would never have bought a few years (or even months!) ago because the stuff is 'a waste of money' and 'I don't have enough.' I don't spend in a reckless way, and I regard saving and investing a large portion of my income as a key element in building long term, sustainable wealth, but spending money on high quality goods and services has improved the quality of my life and I'm no worse off. In fact, I'm better off. And that's just the thing - if you feel wealthy, you will attract more wealth into your life. I am now living in the biggest and best house I've ever lived in and my quality of life is better than ever before. This is the power of attraction at work.

Another method is blogging - just thinking about the law of attraction and how it's working in my life keeps me feeling wealthy. Whatever method you choose, make sure you feel rich, and I guarantee that abundance will flow into your life


0 comments:

Powered by WebRing.